The War of Summer's Ending
The Founding of the Trident
It was not until 1946 that the Courts came to Miami. There had been lone changelings and the odd motley or two operating out of Miami, but they had no organized political structure. This all changed when Tom Hood, a U.S. Army sergeant taken in the Bastigone region of France, returned from the war with a hope of establishing the Courts in Miami, as a safeguard against further Fae incursions. Tom contacted the two most powerful changelings in the Miami region: Grandfather Thunder and Isabel Espina, who chose to represent the Summer and Spring Courts, respectively. According to the trio, no Changeling powerful enough to represent the Winter Court could be located. Many in the Onyx Court blame this early snub for their current lack of political power within the modern freehold.
The three founders decided to christen their new freehold “The Trident,” as a symbol of their unity against (and enmity for) the Others, and at midnight on September 23, 1946, the first pledges to the Freehold of Miami were sworn. The territories managed by the three Courts today remain roughly as they were divided among the founders: the Antler Crown claimed the pleasure districts of South Beach, the Iron Spear fortified itself in Liberty City, and the Leaden Mirror settled into Downtown.